I decided to write about him today, 14.12.2010, a year after he left us. It was a painful farewell esp to my husband. I didn't really know him thru and thru but he had a big impact on me too. Being the funniest man in the family, we really felt his absence. All his lawaks and kutuks linger in my mind :)
He was a good man. Didn't share his problems and kept everything to himself. I know he didn't want everyone to worry about him. He left behind 3 beautiful kids and a wife. I didn't shed a tear when he passed, not that I didn't feel the pain but 28 days before that, I too lost my mum and I've done enough of crying.His demise was abrupt as he was only 40 years old. Well, he was not really a fit man but for the rest of the family, it was really a surprise.
I don't actually know why it takes me a whole year to write about him. Maybe it was because of the never ending conflicts that emerged immediately after he died (which I do not wish to write here) or maybe as mentioned before, I was not that close to him as he was only my brother-in-law. We did share same interests like movies and choice of songs though.
One of many good things about him was he ALWAYS put family first and I mentioned this to my husband yesterday, if we were to go back to Parit Buntar, he would always be there, not to say to welcome us( See, kita tak perlukan apa-apa sebab untuk balik rumah mak sendiri ya ;p) but he definitely would be there and the brothers would chat till wee hours :)
I know my mother in law misses him soo much as he was her first baby. Frankly, I can't say that I understand what she feels but I know how it feels to lose someone dear to our hearts...Al-Fatihah....
No comments:
Post a Comment